Join us in the cloud and profit from the express variant of our trusted “docWorks Service”, accessible online, for everyone. Simply upload your image files, let docWorks SX do the work, and pick up your final METS ALTO output.
Set up your account, purchase credit points and upload the scans you want to have converted.
JPG / TIF / JP2 / PDF
Specify which conversion mode you need.
book, newspaper, NDNP, serial
Start the autmatic processing.
layout analysis, OCR, structure capture
Download the METS/ALTO output, which also contains your original scans and a PDF version.
METS/ALTO, images +PDF Version
docWorks Service Express in four easy steps
If you wish to outsource your digitization and conversion work, docWorks SX is a smart option.
- All data transfers are handled online,
- processing is entirely automated,
- and all project configurations and payment options are standardized.
- No initial purchase costs or running license fees: You only pay for pages you actually process.
Simply upload your scanned material via the docWorks SX website, select the desired conversion mode and pay with pre-purchased credit points. The material is then automatically converted by our docWorks system and you receive a download link to the final METS/ALTO output.
1. Upload your scans via the docWorks SX website.
2. Specify what type of publication you want to convert: book, newspaper (including NDNP) or serial.
3. Your scans are automatically loaded into our docWorks system: Layout analysis and high quality article-level OCR are performed and the overall structure of the publication is captured. (In the case of the NDNP profile, these steps are manually supported and optimized by our experienced docWorks Service team and complemented by an additional cropping step.)
4. Download the final METS ALTO output.
“docWorks SX makes it easy to obtain METS/ALTO samples from books or newspaper pages. You can use it, for example, to develop project specifications or convert PDFs to long-term archive formats.”
Benn Chang, The University of Texas Libraries